I spy


{Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
- Matthew 7:7

It seems that I can never just fall into a relationship.  I have to seek in desperation for someone to love me until I find an admirer who I think will fulfill my desires. In a short time this only leads me to realize  that he is not my prince charming.  This process goes on and on, I keep wondering why...why can't I find my special someone? 

Recently, I went to an all girls conference, called Revolve,  where great speakers talked about relationships, dating, and faith.  Let me tell you, I learned a TON!  I figured out that I'm not alone when it comes to questions racing around in my head. I also learned valuable info from a guy's perspective. Chad Eastham did a great job conveying a man's point of view in terms that we could relate to. He pointed out that girls didn't need to take guys change of mood to heart (because after all, we are the ones with mood swings!) and much more.  My favorite quote of his was to "Not look for romance in every relationship." My love life (described in the first paragraph) needed to here this.  I constantly look for dateable guys and always look for more in friendships, but like Chad said, what's wrong with being just friends? Friendships can provide so much more than relationships in certain times of our lives.  As you can tell, I had a great time and I can't wait to apply  what I've learned.

In closing, I hope you take some of Chad's advice and maybe take a break from playing the "I spy" game of life. I encourage you to let your seeker find you :)

IMG_1612
IMG_1645IMG_1683IMG_1630IMG_1651IMG_1654
Dress: Belk
Lace Shirt: via TJMaxx
Shoes: Rampage via Ross
Belt: Mom's
Necklace: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't forget to leave your thoughts!