trust.

{When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!” For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon’s partners. Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.” So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.}Luke 5:8-11

{Shirt: NY&Co. via Goodwill // Skirt: Goodwill // Shoes: Toms // Hat: Consignment Shop}

For minutes, hours, and days I can become consumed with worry about my worth, my purpose, my future. The past two years of my college career, I have tried to mold myself into what my perception of a designer is and obtain success through actively staying busy. Yet still, my soul is left empty.

To be honest, I'm still at ground zero knowing where life is going to take me. I can be a headstrong lion with pursing my dreams, putting up a front that portrays a girl with it all together, but that's just the thing...inside, I'm a mouse when it comes to actually believing what I say and acting on what I think. 

In Luke 5, Simon had to be reminded of humility and the great goodness of God. When he threw the fishing net out, he had to trust that Jesus would allow a bountiful harvest to be brought back up. Similarly, I have to do the same with my actions, life, and plans - surrender myself to go where he is calling and listen, knowing that he will bring make something beautiful out of this mini mouse. Above all else, adore God for the master designer that he is and trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't forget to leave your thoughts!