Orange you glad God saved us?

{Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is my body."  And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."}  - Matthew 26:26-28

I am so, so sorry for the lack of posts the past 2 weeks...to say the least it has been quite hectic and stressful! I've wanted to do a post on communion since last Sunday and now it's finally finished..enjoy!

Last Sunday, we had communion and our preacher spoke about the remembrance of Christ.  Not just chewing the bread and swallowing the "wine", but actually commemorating the purpose of them.  He spoke to us about the meaning of the cross and how powerful it was.  Christ died a horrible death entirely for his love for us. So why do we just go through the motions during communion?

As I sat in the pew last Sunday, I came to this realization for the first time and I'll be honest, I am guilty of doing this too many times.  It's easy to pass the plate and go along with what others are doing, but why did I take part in this "thanks giving" if I wasn't experiencing the true power of God's grace?

I have decided that from now on, I will not conform to the mediocre person I was in that pew.  I will truly experience Christ's suffering and pain that he bore on the cross and remember that he gave his all for me...why shouldn't I do the same for he?

So I challenge you....the next time your church has communion, don't  take the bread because it's a snack before lunch, take it to commemorate the body that God sacrificed for each and every one of us!

IMG_7809IMG_7821IMG_7812IMG_7817IMG_7841IMG_7818
Blazer: Goodwill
Shirt: DKNY Outlet
Pants: Gap via Goodwill
Belt: Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Rampage
Bracelet: Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't forget to leave your thoughts!