Home makeover.

{Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself} - 1 Corinthians 16:9

Many times throughout the New Testament, the Bible refers to light versus dark and asleep versus awake. For example, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 & 5:1-11 talks about the difference between these two referencing the end of time and a believer versus a non believer. 

The sermon on Old fashioned Sunday begged for a revival in our hearts based off of this topic, questioning whether you might be "asleep" even though you claimed to be a christian.

Personally this struck me.

Since I began college, I feel like my relationship with Christ has been dormant. I'm definitely not at the same spiritual level that I was when I stepped onto campus for the first time in August and quite honestly, I haven't wanted to put the time or effort into a relationship with God until now. All this time, I've been asleep and waiting for someone else to "turn on the lights and wake me up!"

But then this message hit me.......Here's your sign Catherine!

My all-time favorite verse is James 4:8 {Come near to God and he will come near to you}. What more of a perfect reminder that I have to dedicate my life to my Savior and constantly pursue him?  None I tell ya!

-----------------------------------

So this temporary body, that I call home, is in desperate need of a makeover. A few worn places, scratches and dents happened all in God's timing, but I now realize that they all played a significant part in the building process. The time, energy, and effort that goes into the upkeep and repair of a home is symbolic of what God and I need to accomplish together over the next few weeks, months, or even years. 
Out with the old and in with the new.


{Tank: Khols // Skirt: from when Mom was young // Boots: Rack Room // Hat: Forever 21 // Jewels: Betsey Johnson}

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't forget to leave your thoughts!