the pursuit of happiness

{Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a Voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it'} - Isaiah 30:21

Do you ever get the feeling that you don't deserve to be happy? You start focusing so much on the negatives that you forget to find rest in the peacefulness of sweet, small things. You feel like your sin and dirt, past and secrets are all bundled up inside, tucked & hidden away so no one will discover who you truly are. It's so hard to feel true joy when those burdens are evident and guilt keeps creeping into your mind. But, this is when I remind myself that I am a child of God. A forgiving, gracious, humble, sweet Lord who has unconditional love for me and casts my sins into the sea (Micah 7:19). He is SO loving and just wants me to run toward him with my fear and anxiety. My peace and happiness will be found in him.

I read this from another blog and I love how it depicts God's immesurable grace:
"On this day, God wants you to know that you deserve happiness just because. There is nothing you need to do to deserve happiness. There are no 'minimal requirements' for you to fulfill before you can claim happiness. You deserve happiness simply by virtue of having been born. That's it. Nothing more is required. Be happy."

Romper: Tjmaxx
Necklace & Ring: Forever 21
Shoes: Ross
Hat: Tjmaxx

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't forget to leave your thoughts!