{3} flower power

{Do not merely listen to the word, and so deieve yourselves.  Do what it says.  Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.  But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he had heard, but doing it-he will be blessed in what he does.}  - James 1: 22-25

Who knew taking pictures everyday would be so difficult? Between stroking mascara on and changing my outfit  for the fifteenth time, taking photos is hard to fit into my morning routine.  I think I have come up with a pretty crafty idea, however.  Each week, I will have a post of all 5 outfits I wear to school, but if I wear something otherwise, I will photograph these individually and post them as normal!  I hope this is an easier way to keep up with the challenge and you will also get to see all outfits, not just the ones I deem "blog-worthy"! 


On to today's outfit and mini life lesson:  For preaching today, we had a very inspirational sermon.  It was entitled "Beyond the pew," meaning how does one live their christian life outside of the church.  I felt a tug at my heart because it made me realize I haven't been pushing myself to be the best christian I can be, if you will.  This may sound silly and like an athelete on a sports team, but the goal in life is Christ, not ourselves.  If we {I} would take time to do little, big. or even unbelieveable things to glorify God, we would be able to see his light in us. My goal for this year is to become a becon of light for Christ. Even if it's as simple as not listening/spreading to gossip, refraining from cussing, or praying infront of friends at the lunch table, you can and will be making a difference in someone's life as well as yours.  Actions speak louder than words!

IMG_5823IMG_5822IMG_5827
Jumpsuit: TJMaxx
Belt: NY&Co. Outlet
Coverup: TJMaxx
Jewelry: Betseyville
Shoes: Unionbay via Khols

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't forget to leave your thoughts!