a backroad or two..

          {I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.}
                                                                     - Psalm 16:8

IMG_5436

IMG_5431
IMG_5510
IMG_5514IMG_5512

This past weekend, I went to virginia and west virginia with my family.  The trip was so much fun because we had no plans or anywhere certain to be.  We drove until we found an interesting hole-in-the-wall of any kind, hopped out of the car and spent as much time as we wanted.  Since we road aound alot, I did happen to notice the backdrop of our vacay, which was beautiful mountain tops.

One of our many stops, was a flea market held in an old, abandoned parking deck.  The "vendors" were not only adults, but older couples and even children.  They sold items from the trunk of their car and hung clothing on the wire enclosing the deck.  I bought 4 great finds (2 dresses, 2 skirts) and I can't wait to show them to you!

We also went to many antique stores.  Most people would of passed right by these "junk-holes" as my sister said, but I somehow convinced my dad to let me dig through the piles of old dishes and jewelry. I always try to look as things in a different light as if they are a "diamond in the rough."  I loved the old patterns I found and pink telephone..it was adorable!  I bought a couple of scarfs to use as head wraps and an amazing seashell belt that I'll have to wear sometime soon! 

-----------------------------

What kind of great finds have you found this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't forget to leave your thoughts!